"Previously on the West Wing" spoken by C.J.
Toby meets with Peter Blake, U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia. Blake has already repeatedly offered Toby leniency if he reveals who originally told him about the secret military space shuttle. This time, however, Blake threatens Toby with a further indictment (obstruction of justice) unless Toby reveals his source. The indictment would drag senior Democrats back into the fracas, including the vice presidential nominee Leo McGarry, potentially destroying their chances in the upcoming election. Toby believes Blake is using that as a threat.
Andrea Wyatt urges Toby to name his astronaut brother, David, as the source, however Toby refuses to tarnish his dead brother's reputation. To make matters worse, Blake says he'll target CJ Cregg because he knows the two spoke about the shuttle. Toby tries to threaten Blake's own future in the Democratic Party, however he persists.
Santos struggles with campaigning while trying to learn about foreign policy in central Asia and the Middle East. Halloween photo-ops, voting rights for ex-convicts, polling numbers, and Jon Bon Jovi are all also featured.
- Kristin Chenoweth as Annabeth Schott
- Janel Moloney as Donna Moss
- Richard Schiff as Toby Ziegler
- Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
- with Jimmy Smits as Matthew Santos
Special Guest StarsEdit
- Kathleen York as Rep. Andy Wyatt
- John Aylward as Barry Goodwin
- Lee Garlington as Alana Waterman
- Matthew Letscher as Peter Blake
- Ramón De Ocampo as Otto
- David Ramsey as Teddy Wallace
- Joshua Cabrera as Peter Santos
- Ashlyn Sanchez as Miranda Santos
- Francesa Ferrara as Local Reporter #1
- Daphna Cardinale as Reporter #2
- Eric Christie as Reporter #3
- Ivan Allen as Roger Salier
- Loren Lester as Jarin
- Dylan Naber as Huck
- Alexis Cardenas as Molly
- Kylie Cardenas as Molly
- Glenda Morgan Brown as Woman
Toby meets with the U.S. Attorney in a building identified as the U.S. Attorney's Office, but the building pictured is not the U.S. Attorney's Office.
The dating of this episode is wrong. It is stated to take place on Thursday October 31, 2006, but that year Halloween fell on a Tuesday not a Thursday.
Toby says he got two Mars Bars while trick-or-treating. Mars Bars were discontinued in the US in 2002.