Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Little is known about Mandy's career before she joined Bartlet's Presidential campaign, which she joined sometime in 1998 as its media director. During the campaign, she had a relationship with fellow campaign worker Josh Lyman. She was considered a valuable member of the team but was not hired.
In 1999, she left Lennox-Chase to start a consulting firm with her assistant, Daisy, and begin working on a Presidential bid for Senator Lloyd Russell. Around this time, she started dating Russell.
Her choice to return to Washington and work for Russell quickly made the West Wing aware of Russell's intention to run for the 2002 Presidential Election against President Bartlet. When Mandy tried to use a piece of legislation as the way Russell would make a name for himself, Josh Lyman negotiated a deal with Russell that would shelve the legislation until after the Midterm Elections in exchange for a chance to make a speech at the 2002 Democratic Convention, possibly even Keynote speaker. This infuriated Mandy and her contract with him was soon dissolved.
White House Media Director
Mandy and Daisy discussed possible employers to replace the loss of their only client when they were informed by Josh Lyman that the White House was willing to hire them as the media director to be paid by the Democratic National Committee. She worked under both Deputy Chief of Staff Josh Lyman, and White House Communications Director Toby Ziegler.
- Despite being considered a valuable member of Bartlet's first Presidential Campaign, she is not seen in any of the flashbacks of the campaign.
- Names considered for possible employers
- Gil McGregor
- Crouse from Alabama
- Crouse from Indiana
- 1998 : Media Director for the "Bartlet for America" campaign
- 1998-1999 : Consultant for Lennox-Chase
- 1999 : Head of a consulting firm (only client was Lloyd Russell)
- 1999-2000 : White House Media Director
Mandy was portrayed by Moira Kelly. Her departure was never explained. Because of this, any character on The West Wing that stops appearing without explanation in an episode or in the series was said by the fans to be in "Mandyville."
- ↑ Stated in Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc
- ↑ "Didn't you two used to be a thing?" from Pilot
- ↑ "Well, if you could get Mandy to leave 900,000 a year at Lennox-Chase, I'd get Mandy." from Pilot
- ↑ "Hey, come to think of it, you think she'd be interested in his job?" from Pilot
- ↑ "What's she doing?" "Working for Lloyd Russell." from Pilot
- ↑ "So you'll let us hire a media consultant? You'll let the D.N.C. spend some money?" "Who do we get?" "Mandy." from Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc
- ↑ "I'm going to draw a chart for her with lines and arrows, clearly indicating that she answers to me and she answers to Toby." from Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc