Afghanistan is a country in Asia.
The recognized government of Afghanistan was taken over by Islamic extremists and the Taliban. The Taliban were still in control in 2001.
In 2001, after a terrorist bombing in Jerusalem, it was briefly hypothesized to have been connected to Afghan terrorists. It turned out to be the work of Palestinian terrorist Abdul Majeeb.
In 2002, the Salmon Afkham, the Iranian son of Ayatollah Afkham flew from Afghanistan to the United States for specialized heart surgery.
In 2004, the Iranian ambassador cited stable relations with their neighbors, including Afghanistan, as reason enough for not developing nuclear weaponry.
In 2006, Deputy National Security Advisor Kate Harper hypothesized that decreased cotton farming would lead to an increase in opium production in Afghanistan.
- ↑ "The Taliban is not the recognized government of Afghanistan. The Taliban took over the recognized government of Afghanistan." from Isaac and Ishmael
- ↑ "You think there's an Afghan connection?" from On the Day Before
- ↑ "Reuters has the Ayatollah's son youngest son just left Afghanistan on a C-130. Is he coming here for a heart transplant?" from Swiss Diplomacy
- ↑ "And we enjoy and anticipate stable relations with Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan. These are the nations within range of this missile." from The Warfare of Genghis Khan
- ↑ "When Afghan farmers can't afford to grow cotton, when they can't compete in their own market with cheap U.S. textiles produced from subsidized crops, they plant something else." from Gaza