2000 was a midterm election year in the United States.
2000 was the last year of the Second Millennium, but was large considered to be the first year of the Third Millennium.
- The shooting of Josiah Bartlet
- United States congressional election, 2000
Events of The West WingEdit
- January 10 : events of Lord John Marbury
- January 20 : events of He Shall, from Time to Time...
- February : events of Take Out the Trash Day, Take This Sabbath Day, and Celestial Navigation
- February-March : events of 20 Hours in L.A. and The White House Pro-Am
- late March : events of Six Meetings Before Lunch
- early April : events of Let Bartlet Be Bartlet
- April-May : events of Mandatory Minimums and Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics
- early August : events of What Kind of Day Has It Been?, In the Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part I), and In the Shadow of Two Gunmen (Part II)
- August 14-November 7 : events of The Midterms
- mid-to-late November: events of In This White House, And It's Surely to Their Credit, The Lame Duck Congress, and The Portland Trip
- November 19-23 : events of Shibboleth
- late November : events of Galileo
- December 3-24 : events of Noël
- ↑ "It is not the new millennium. The year 2000 is the last year of the millennium. It's not the first one of the next." from In Excelsis Deo